Candi Panataran is located near the city of Blitar, and is the largest temple complex in East Java. Its existence
covers the period from 1197 to 1454, it is a Javanese Hindu temple complex. During the Majapahit era it was
an important temple complex, and was visited many times by King Hayam Wuruk.
The main temple at Panataran dates from 1347, and its base carries reliefs telling the story of the Ramayana.
There are many representations of the historic weaponry of times past in these reliefs.
The photographs below show some of these important historic artifacts.
The Art of Candi Panataran